1. Questioned Documents Service Ltd provides expert witness services, consultancy and training. This privacy notice provides information about the personal information we process about you in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Our ICO registration number is A8297544
3. Please contact Mr Anthony STOCKTON at email@example.com with any questions or requests about the personal information we process.
4. We are committed to protecting your rights to privacy. They include:
- Right to be informed about what we do with your personal data;
- Right to have a copy of all the personal information we process about you;
- Right to rectification of any inaccurate data we process, and to add to the information we hold about you if it is incomplete;
- Right to be forgotten and your personal data destroyed;
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to the processing we carry out based on our legitimate interest;
The personal data we process, why we process it, where it comes from and the legal basis for doing so
5. We process the personal data of individuals requesting our services and those who are obtaining legal advice or are engaged in a legal dispute, and also the personal data of witnesses and others with links to the issues in the case.
6. The personal data may include:
- Names, contact details and dates of birth;
- Financial information and bank details;
- Health information;
- Information about race, ethnic origin and sex;
- Personal correspondence and business correspondence
Due the nature of our work it is possible that information on documents of any kind may find its way to us during our normal casework activities.
7. The personal data are generally provided by the person instructing us in relation to the legal issues, who is usually a solicitor, the police or government department. However we also receive requests from litigants in person and companies.
8. We process the data because it is in our legitimate interests as an expert witness to do so. We need to see and analyse documents containing this information in order to provide our expert advice.
9. In relation to any special category personal data, such as health records or information concerning, race, ethnic origin, or sex is, we rely on the legal claims basis for processing this data, in addition to our legitimate interest.
10. In many cases, an individual has consented to the transfer of their personal data to us. Where an individual has consented, he or she may easily withdraw it by notifying Anthony Stockton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other personal data
11. We also process personal data pursuant to our legitimate interests in running our business such as:
- Invoices and receipts;
- Accounts, VAT and tax returns;
- Insurance policies and related documents;
12. As an employer, we process personal data of our two directors. The information may include:
• Names, addresses and contact details;
• Pay and bank details, pay slips;
• Curricula vitae, references and appraisals;
14. Personal data in legal cases is retained for as long as necessary in compliance with our professional obligations. Where this is not necessary, it is destroyed or returned at the conclusion of the case.
15. Administrative data is retained as necessary; in the unlikely event there are queries from HMRC and the VAT commissioner. Where it is not necessary to retain the data, it is destroyed as soon as possible.
16. Personal data relating to employees who may leave our employment will be retained for up to six years. This is the time limit for bringing a breach of contract claim. In some cases we may destroy it as soon as the employee leaves.
Whom do we share personal data with?
17. We share personal data internally strictly on a need to know basis.
18. Special category data and personnel files held electronically are password protected with restricted access. Hard copy special category and other personal data is stored securely with restricted access.
19. We do not share personal data with anyone external to the organisation, other than with:
- Those who have instructed us as an expert witness
- HMRC and the VAT Commissioner as they require
- With others pursuant to a court order
20. When someone visits our website we may use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We may do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information would only be processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Information Commissioner’s Office
20. If you have any concerns about the way your personal information has been processed, please contact Anthony Stockton. Alternatively, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113.
[Trading as: “QUESTIONED DOCUMENTS SERVICE LTD”]